Protection of Personal Information Policy
Consent from an individual, for approval to collect, use, and disclose, where appropriate, their personal information, is acknowledged by Kemptville District Soccer Club (herein referred to as KDSC) from the fact that the individual signed and completed an application form and submitted it for the purpose of registration to the Club for a period of one full year.
Code of Practice
- Is limited to only that necessary for the purposes identified in this policy.
- Shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Shall be retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible.
- Shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
KDSC shall make available to its members specific and understandable information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. Upon request, a member shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information, and shall be given access to that information. A KDSC member is entitled to question the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and have it amended as appropriate.
A KDSC member can question compliance with the above principles to the Club President. KDSC has policies and procedures to respond to questions and concerns and to regulate all volunteers' access to confidential information.
Personal and Confidential Information
KDSC may collect some or all of the following personal and confidential information about its members, depending on the age and category of participation:
- Fax number
- e-mail address
- Parent/guardian information, including:
- Telephone(s) (Home/Office/Cellular)
- Fax number(s)
- e-mail address(s)
- Birth date (via photocopy of birth certificate or other acceptable ID)
- Information about years of participation, level of participation, level of related training (as in referee or coach accreditation levels)
- Ontario Soccer Association Registration Number, Canadian Coaching Certification Number
- Volunteer history
- Other information the member may voluntarily provide, for example, special medical conditions in case of accident and emergency hospitalization
- Soccer skills evaluation
- Agreement to forward contact information of a member to another club or team, which have higher competitive team opportunities at the member's age and/or older age groups.
Operations and Activities involving Personal Information
KDSC uses personal information to carry out the typical operations of soccer club. Typical operations and activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sending out membership renewal forms and processing payments
- Providing members with communications about KDSC activities, meetings, Club contacts, etc.
- Supplying coaches with player information for team selections, try outs, ride sharing, medical awareness, etc.
- Conducting surveys and research
- Conducting KDSC business (e.g. committees, volunteer activities, nominations, continuing education, club development, etc.)
Disclosure of Personal Information
KDSC may disclose personal information it collects to the following third Parties:
- Other soccer organizations and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSA, EODSA, OCSL, ERSL) for the purpose of conducting regular soccer business (e.g. leagues, referee allocation, coach and referee clinics, award mail-outs, etc.)
- Individuals or companies providing mailings, broadcast faxing and e-mail services required to conduct Club business (such as annual player registration, etc.)
- Other soccer clubs or teams for the purpose of providing the Club member team opportunities than offered in the Club at the member's age and/or older age groups
Please note that if a member does not consent to having their personal information used or disclosed for the purposes described above, that member will not be able to continue to receive the benefits, products or services that require the use or disclosure of their personal information.